Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and antifungal, coconut oil for skin is an excellent moisturizer, it can penetrate hair better than other oils.
What is Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil, or copra oil, is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera). It has various applications. Because of its high saturated fat content, it is slow to oxidize and, thus, resistant to rancidification, lasting up to six months at 24 °C (75 °F) without spoiling (1).
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Skin and Hair
- Deep-condition your strands overnight: There’s a reason many conditioners contain coconut oil: It’s better able to penetrate hair (and prevent protein loss) than mineral and sunflower oil, according to research.
- Tame frizz: Coconut oil can help to tame your mane! It calms the frizzy, flyaway strands and leaves your hair looking smooth and polished. It also helps protect your hair from heat-styling tools.
- Adds shine: Coconut oil will add a little shine to your hair helping to make it glorious!
- Minimize dandruff: One of the most common causes of dandruff is a dry scalp. But before you spend money on special shampoo, try minimizing the problem with an ultra-moisturizing soap/shampoo bar made with coconut oil.
- Massage the bar into your scalp, let it sit for a few minutes and then wash it out with warm water. Following up with apple cider vinegar rinse can help to close the hair follicles to help tame tangles!
- Clean your face:
Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, antifungal, moisturizing, and great for atopic dermatitis.
- Remove eye makeup: Yes, coconut oil even works on waterproof mascara!
- Soothe dry skin: Coconut oil for skin can work wonders. It is also fantastic on your dishwashing-parched hands.
- Moisturize your body: Coconut oil has been found it to be effective in increasing hydration and reducing water loss in severely dry skin.
- Heals wounds: A recent animal study found that when applied topically, virgin organic coconut oil for skin can speed up wound healing.
- Nourish cracked cuticles: Coconut oil used on your cuticles and the skin around your nails can bring some much-needed moisture to an oft-overlooked part of the body. The benefit? You’ll fend off cracked skin, prevent hangnails, and have healthier looking nail beds.
- Relieve psoriasis: Coconut oil can relieve itchy, scaly skin caused by psoriasis and moisturize your skin.