Studies have shown that lavender essential oil can help with insomnia, hair loss, anxiety, stress, and postoperative pain just to name a few.
BENEFITS OF LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
- Nervous System: Studies show the inhalation of lavender has a soothing and calming effect on the nervous system, making it a great alternative for alleviating stress, anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
- Nausea: Studies have demonstrated that inhaling lavender scent can relieve feelings of nausea or motion sickness.
- Headaches: Recent research says that inhaling lavender scent or massaging the oil into the temples, forehead, and neck (specifically behind your ears) can treat headaches.
- Sleep: Adding a few drops of lavender oil to a diffuser next to your bed at night can help relax the mind and the body and improve your overall sleep.
- Wounds: Applying a dilution of lavender oil and distilled water to a wound can help stimulate cell regeneration and heal the wound faster.
- Menstrual Cramps: Applying lavender oil to the abdomen during your menstrual cycle can help alleviate cramping.
- Skin Food: Lavender is packed with antioxidants that protect and nourish your skin, making it a perfect addition to any skincare formula.
- Chapped Lips: I love mixing lavender oil with coconut oil for the perfect lip balm to relieve chapped lips.
- Cold Sores: Lavender’s antimicrobial and antifungal properties make it an excellent choice to combat a cold sore.
- Acne: Lavender is antimicrobial and antibacterial. so it can be used to treat an acne flare-up or keep it at bay.
- Sunspots: Consistently using an oil with lavender in the formula can minimize the appearance of sunspots.
- Itchy Skin: Lavender is an anti-inflammatory, so it can be used to relieve inflamed and itchy skin caused by eczema or insect bites.
- Dandruff: I tell people to mix lavender with olive oil and massage it into the scalp to get rid of dandruff and other scalp imbalances.
- Hair Growth: Lavender also stimulates blood circulation, so it can greatly improve hair growth when applied to the scalp in an olive oil mixture.
- Fragrance: Lavender has a delightful floral yet clean scent, so using it as a fragrance is a great natural choice.