Just what is dead sea salt?
Dead Sea salt was used by the peoples of Ancient Egypt. It has been utilized in various unguents, skin creams, and soaps for hundreds of years.
The Dead Sea’s mineral composition varies with season, rainfall, depth of deposit, and ambient temperature. Dead Sea salt is only 30.5% sodium chloride while most oceanic salt is approximately 85% sodium chloride. The remainder is composed of other dried minerals and salts.
Benefits of Dead Sea Salt
Dead Sea salt is known for its therapeutic properties and is packed with natural healing components that occur naturally in our bodies but are often lost. Using dead sea salt is known to benefit the body treating skin conditions and improving the overall appearance.
Dead Sea Salt contains 21 minerals including magnesium, calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium. These essential minerals naturally occur in our bodies but must be replenished since they are lost throughout our normal day to day. These minerals are known to treat, detoxify, and cleanse our bodies.
- Magnesium: Promotes quick healing of skin tissue and provides the skin’s surface with anti-allergic elements, also essential for cell metabolism.
- Bromide: Soothes skin, relaxes body muscles, and calms nerves.
- Iodine: Important for the correct functioning of the thyroid gland and aids in the body’s metabolic exchanges.
- Sulfur: A natural disinfectant, a powerful detoxifying agent, as it works closely with the liver to rid the body of toxins.
- Potassium: Helps balance moisture in the skin and body, aides in the reduction of water retention and in the nourishment of cells, and regulates the nervous system.
- Calcium: An essential mineral, known to strengthen bones and teeth, also strengthens cell membranes and cleanses pores.
- Sodium: Relieves stiffness and muscle cramps. Sodium is also a powerful detoxifying agent, helping cells retain nourishment and expel waste.
- Zinc: Is known to protect the skin against sunburn and windburn. Also known to boost the immune system.
- Anti-Aging Properties: The minerals found in Dead Sea Salt has shown to reduce the depth of the wrinkling. The minerals also moisturize, detoxify and soften the skin and enhance relaxation of the body – making us not only look younger, but feel younger as well.
- Treating Common Skin Disorders: Acne, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, dandruff, scabies, and seborrhea just to name a few. Dead Sea salt is high in sulfur, which is a powerful cleanser that has been proven to treat acne effectively. Research has proven that soaking regularly in water enriched with Dead Sea salt can provide relief from these unpleasant skin disorders without any known side effects. So make sure to use your scrub in the tub and soak in the water once you’re finished!
- Dead sea salt is recommended by the international psoriasis community and the National Psoriasis Foundation as an effective alternative treatment for the disorders mentioned above.
- Cellulite & Water Retention: Dead Sea salts help your body rid itself of toxins. The minerals released from the salt helps break down deposits of these toxins that get trapped below the skin’s surface, making your skin look smoother reducing cellulite.