What is Orange Essential Oil?
Orange oil is an essential oil produced by cells within the rind of an orange fruit. In contrast to most essential oils, it is extracted as a by-product of orange juice production by centrifugation, producing a cold-pressed oil.
BENEFITS OF ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
Orange essential oil works like a natural sedative. It alleviates anxiety, anger, depression, and certain bodily inflammations.
- Aphrodisiac Properties: Orange essential oil has mild aphrodisiac properties. Systematic and regular use can cure problems such as frigidity, erectile problems, impotence, loss of interest in sex, and decreased libido.
- Relieves Inflammation: Orange essential oil provides quick and effective relief from inflammation
- Acts as a Cholagogue: It promotes secretions from all appropriate glands including the exocrine and endocrine. Therefore, it is frequently used to regulate menstruation and lactation, and the secretion of digestive juices, bile, hormones, and enzymes.
- Prevents Infections: Orange essential oil can help people avoid both, septic fungal infections and tetanus as they inhibit microbial growth and disinfect the wounds.
- Relieves Depression: The very smell of orange essential oil reminds you of happy moments and brings pleasant thoughts to mind. That is why this oil is frequently used in aromatherapy. It creates a happy, relaxed feeling and works as a mood lifter, which is perfect for people who suffer from depression or chronic anxiety.
- Carminative Properties: Being a carminative means being an agent that helps in the removal of excess gas from the intestines. Gas forms in the intestines and moves upwards and can result in chest pain, indigestion, and discomfort.
- Treats Alzheimer’s disease: A study suggests that aromatherapy using orange essential oil may aid in improving cognitive function, especially in Alzheimer’s disease patients.
It also serves as a detoxifier, boosts immunity, treats constipation and dyspepsia, and is very good for maintaining healthy, smooth, and glamorous skin. It also helps cure acne and dermatitis.
Word of Caution: Orange essential oil displays photo-toxicity. It tastes bitter and if ingested in large quantities, it may result in vomiting, nausea, and loss of appetite.