What is Rice Bran Oil?
Rice bran oil is the oil extracted from the hard outer brown layer of rice after chaff.
Benefits Of Rice Bran Oil For Hair And Skin
- Nourishes Your Hair: Rice bran oil is high in omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids which moisturize and nourish your hair. It can also help prevent the formation of dandruff and reduce split ends. Rice bran oil contains a carbohydrate compound called inositol that promotes the growth of healthy hair. It keeps hair follicles healthy at the cellular level to give you strong and lustrous hair.
- Stimulates Hair Growth: Rice bran oil helps not only in nourishing your hair but also in growing it. The ferulic acid and esters present in rice bran oil stimulate hair growth while the Vitamin E acts as a tissue-builder. Using rice bran oil for hair regularly can reduce any inflammation in the scalp and repair damaged hair follicles.
- Prevents Premature Graying: The antioxidants in rice bran oil play a dual role. While applying it on your skin keeps it young, using it on your hair helps protect hair from graying prematurely. The high concentration of vitamin E acts as an anti-aging agent for hair and prevents hair from graying early.
- Keeps Your Skin Young: Rice bran oil can help you fight free radicals which are created naturally by your body when oxygen is metabolized. Free radicals can damage your skin and other parts of body if they are not balanced with antioxidants. Rice bran oil is rich in Vitamin E which is known for its antioxidant properties. It contains tocopherol and tocotrienol which belong to the family of vitamin E compound naturally found in vegetable oils. Another powerful antioxidant known as oryzanol is found only in rice bran oil. If you have dull and damaged skin, using rice bran oil for your skin can help your skin stay young and vibrant.
- Helps Heal Your Skin: Phytosterols are naturally present in many oils but rice bran oil has them in high concentrations when compared to other oils. Phytosterols have natural anti-inflammatory properties which can soothe and heal your skin. Rice bran oil can be used to help with skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
- Moisturizes Your Skin: Rice bran oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer for your skin. It is easily absorbed by the skin due to a combination of high concentration of vitamin E and fatty acids which penetrate deep into your skin and help in keeping it hydrated. Even if you have oily skin rice bran oil is easily absorbed and does not cause a breakout. In fact, it can help you fight acne.