What Is Sweet Almond Oil?
Sweet almond oil is the essential oil of sweet almonds that is extracted through an oil distillation process but it can also be extracted with an almond kernel press. This concentrated oil is packed with saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated fats, the latter two in notably higher levels than the former.
Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil for Hair and Skin
The most important health benefits of sweet almond oil include protecting the skin from damage, moisturizing the face, lightening the skin, reducing inflammation, preventing premature aging, boosting hair health, and strengthening the nails, among others.
- Skin Lightening: Sweet almond oil can work as an excellent skin lightener and treat bad sunburns, skin coloration disorders, under-eye circles, scars or other blemishes that you want to eliminate.
- Hair Care: The oil has the ability to strengthen your hair and reduce hair loss. The rejuvenating quality of vitamin E can help boost the health of your hair follicles, and increase the luster and volume of your hair.
- Prevents Premature Aging: The antioxidant potential of vitamin E, certain fatty acids, and other active ingredients in almond oil neutralizes free radicals before they can cause issues like skin elasticity, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Reduces Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles
- Treats Dandruff: Sweet almond oil cures dandruff by deeply moisturizing and removing dead skin cells on the scalp.
- Relieves Inflammatory Conditions: Sweet almond oil can be a fast and effective remedy for inflammatory conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea, among other inflammatory conditions. It can quickly stimulate the healing process and mitigate the allergic response in that part of the skin.
- Improves Nail Strength: The same benefits that this oil imparts to your skin and hair can also be used for your nails. If you want to reduce nail breakage, protect against fungal infections, and stimulate healthy growth this oil is great!