Kaolin Clay What it is and it’s benefits
Kaolin clay’s main component is the kaolinite. Kaolinite is a mineral that is mined from China to Europe to the US. Kaolin clay frequently has other minerals that create a bit of color to the clay, though pure kaolinite is bright white. If the kaolin clay has a green tint it is from decomposing plant matter, if it has a pinkish hue it is from iron oxide. The brighter white the kaolin clay the better the quality of clay.
Kaolin clay is very plentiful and is used for several things from pottery to health and beauty.
Benefits of Kaolin Clay
- CLEANSES AND DETOXIFIES: Kaolin gently cleanses and pulls impurities from the pores without causing redness.
- HELPS CONTROL OILY SKIN: Kaolin absorbs excess oils and helps to balance excess oil production when it’s used over time.
- EXFOLIATES: Crystals in kaolin clay do not completely dissolve when mixed with water so it makes an excellent exfoliant.
- STIMULATES: Kaolin is stimulates the skin. With continued use tones and tightens the skin’s appearance.
- GENTLE: Kaolin is a remarkably gentle and can be used with any skin type. Even those with sensitivities to scrubs and cleansers.