Lemon Essential Oil Benefits
Lemon, Citrus limonum, is fresh and invigorating, it stimulates the senses and clears the mind. The lemon tree is native to India but arrived in Europe with the Crusaders in the 12th century. In addition to being a natural remedy, the rind is used in baking and cooking, and the essential oil, expressed from the rind of the fruit, has a long history of use in perfumery. The essential oil is clear with its fresh, citrus smell, is pressed from the peel of the lemon fruit.
Lemon essential oil is detoxifying and toning, the oil lends itself naturally to massage blends and skin products, and its citrus aroma and antiseptic properties make it a natural deodorizer.
- Tones skin: Lemon boosts circulation, helping to reduce varicose veins and prevent chilblains. It cleanses oil-prone skin and hair, and tones, helping to ward off wrinkles and spider veins.
- Acts as an antiseptic: Lemon acts as an antiseptic, stimulating the defenses against bacteria and viruses and killing germs. Use in a compress for boils and skin eruptions, or apply neat to warts and plantar warts.
- Aids detox: A lemon oil massage supports the liver, aids lymphatic cleansing, and reduces cellulite and fluid retention.
- Eases digestion: It stimulates the digestive system, helping to combat obesity and loss of appetite.
- Lifts moods: A cheerful, deodorizing scent, lemon is great for busy days when you need mental focus and positivity.
AVOID using 12 hours prior to sun exposure